Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Honey I took the kids to school and....

So I m not sure if I mentioned in my earlier posts that I am a SEN teacher at a special school and I work with adults age 16-18. So yesterday I decided to take the kids into school to ' show them off' as we speak. I thought its time I took the baby in before my maternity ends.. And just go see everyone. Besides there's a new 'cafebar' opened that is manned by the post 16 students themselves as part of ' work experience' .. So I could get a drink aswell whilst in there and see the students in action.
 Firstly, two year old had a melt down in the car screaming as she thought I was taking her to the Sure Start centre, which I am sure I made clear we were going to go there AFTER the school. Anyway I managed to settle her by distraction of the snow flakes! What wonderful creation!!
 We got into the school and was seated very politely by one of the students and then our orders were taken.
Well then it started because she got the non ending compliments of ' oh how beautiful are you? ,and .. How old are you? And pretty dress and love your hair etc etc... With her head tucked under my cardigan I wondered how long that would last. She peeped through and started screaming and giggling.. I immediately felt embarrassed!! Trying to shush her discreetly and bribe her with chocolates if she went quiet was my sorry tactic I used. She did eventually quieten down but I realised the more attention she got the more excited she became  and the more excited she became the more she wanted to jump up and down and scream.
Well lets put it this way, it was an entertaining morning and .. The students were entertained.

I went home that day thinking that my work colleagues probably think I have a devil of a daughter and discipline is not really my strongest asset. However the baby was an angel...
I won't be doing that again. Not for a looooong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment