Popular Posts

Saturday, February 2, 2013

How I entertained my toddler

It's pretty hard entertaining a two half year when you have a 7 month old baby and a grown man to look after. Idea of entertainment for the Man is to plonk my daughter in front of the tele.. Yes she will watch it but its not really mind stimulating and I have been told its not really good for them.
Well I had a busy morning yesterday and hubby had come back from a night shift so I got up with the kids and gave them breakfast ,while the MR went to bed.
I noticed we had an opened box of chocolate rice crispies and golden balls from Aldi. So I decided to make chocolate crispies bun thingies with my daughter..

Oh how she was kept entertained for atleast 45 minutes. I asked her politely if she would break up the chocolate into pieces .. She did that extremely well. Ofcourse many pieces fell to the floor. Good job I bought an extra packet of cooking chocolate that I secretly warmed up in the microwave!
Then I gave her the box of crispies and golden balls and she poured them into the melted chocolate and stirred the ingredients altogether. This took a while as the golden balls had a larger surface area and were fighting their way through the chocolate almost as if they didn't want to be covered!! Huff puff.
The best bit came next.
I showed Lissa how to scoop the mix and pour into the bun case using the spoon and to my surprise she picked up extremely well. The face of concentration and utter perfection was a photo opportunity NOT to miss. Then Ofcourse it's no fun without sprinkles!! I gave her a tub of sprinkles and told her to pour her heart out. I promised myself I wasn't going to get worked up about the mess on the floor. Who cares if there's drops of messy melted chocolate and rise crispies and sprinkles all over the floor?! Only my 7 month old will roll over and be covered in it and maybe use his fine motor skills to pick up the sprinkles and eat them! SHOCK HORROR. Well I got to them before he did.
See. It can be fun baking with a two year old. And keeping SHTUM about the mess somehow makes me feel free!
Go ahead try it. Pour your heart out.


No comments:

Post a Comment