Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Motherhood jabberwocky

Hello ladies, I am breastfeeding AGAIN and thought I should have a go at writing another post. So get your cuppas and a biscuit..( go on treat yourself.)
So I have been have been thinking about going back to work in May. By the time June comes round I will have done a year of maternity.. It's been a real roller coaster of a ride during my maternity leave ..Settling in with a new baby and a toddler.. Toddler tantrums. Jealousy. Breastfeeding, and sleepless nights.. Oh will I be glad to go back to work. Or not. It's definitely a big step going back to work leaving a baby at a private nursery. I would rather leave the kids with my mum but my mum works herself so really that's not feasible.
It definitely is good for the kids to go to nursery as they learn independence and social skills. They pick up so much just being with other children.. Not all good things I should say but nevertheless they learn. It also gives us time too to get back into the world of work and to have adult conversations..to be someone else not just mummies, Challenge and stimulate the mind and of course for your own peace and sanity.
Lets see if I say that once I am there.
Eeeek.. I will have to start freezing food.
Don't want to think about work anymore.

Motherhood really is such a lovely experience and truly hard work. It is a full time job and you don't get paid for it except in love and cuddles. And yes, there are night shifts Involved with no shift allowance.. And no breaks unfortunately, unless you are lucky and the kids are napping. But then you'l probably end up cleaning or cooking when they are napping.. That's what I do .. Or the laundry. Which reminds me my laundry has piled up so high.. Really needs Shifting.
Isn't it the most annoying thing when you go to supermarkets and you try to find a space in the 'parent and child' parking bays.. But guess what they have all been taken.. And it pisses me off to the max when people who don't have children park in the ' parent and child ' parking bays.. That really ruins my day. Ok rant over. Guess its all part of motherhood or should I say parent hood because let's face it even though the mothers do the majority of the work relating to the children, fathers also have a responsibility.

Oh tantrums tantrums.. How to deal..I have tried all different types of sanctions you name it I have tried it! They just don't work or Maybe because I'm not
Consistent enough. Bloody consistency. I just end up locking Myself in the bathroom until its all over.. Yes I know crazy. Or maybe anxiety? Or just because I want to be selfish for Once.. Go on try it.. Be selfish. Makes you feel a whole Lot better... Ok Stop.

Today has been a busy day. Wednesdays
Normally are as Lizzi goes to nursery on Wednesdays. She goes ALL day which leaves me to just attend to Ray. We have finally moved the Cotbed into our room and replaced it with a bed in Lizzi's room. So the picture you will see is alittle bit of shuffling about and tidying. Tonight is going to be the first night Lizzi sleeps in the bed.. Going to be interesting. I will probably be waking up a zillion times or
Not sleeping as I'm terrified she's going to fall off the bed! Well as hubby says.. 'We never fell off beds!!' So I should give her a chance before I go out to buy a bed rail.

Oh things we do for our children..

A good read for u mummies to be out there.
http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/1064031-letter-bump-mum.html

I really do hope 2013 is going
To bring joy into the world. There is just not Enough of it. Try to smile ladies all day even if you feel like Pulling your hair out at the mountain of Mess made by the children or they just won't listen to you.. Or you Just want to sit down and have a cuppa. Really. Try it. A smile a simple smile to yourself or your child or children
.. And wait to see what happens
Next. Nothing. Bloody nothing. No exchange of smiles just temper tantrums.
Well atleast you tried and failed. Atleast you tried and felt an inkling of
Goodness within your heart. Sob sob.
Have a good evening and smile
On.

No comments:

Post a Comment